Laundry Washer – Laundry – Temporary Part Time
- Sort soiled linen manually into proper container by linen and soil type.
- Prepare soiled loads for washing by weighing linen buckets to properly balance wash loads.
- Record each wash load onto appropriate wash machine production report.
- Wash and disinfect all linen carts prior to moving them to the finishing side.
- Receive incoming orders of new linen and move it to the proper storage area.
- Report any equipment malfunctions or other production problems to the manager immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade twelve with ability to read and write English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be physically capable of repeated heavy lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of heavy pulling/pushing, reaching, stretching, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must have hand strength to open and close safety latches on washer doors.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
- Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s Standards of Performance and ICCARE values.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only applicants moving onto the testing/interview stages will be contacted.