Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
All Sault Area Hospital employees and their immediate family members have complimentary\free access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), provided by LifeWorks.
LifeWorks is a leading EFAP service provider and offers a wide range of confidential and voluntary support services to assist you and your family with resolving everyday challenges, complex issues, and everything in-between.
The EFAP is completely confidential within the limits of the law. No one will ever know that you have used the service unless you choose to tell them. You and your immediate family have access to the EFAP at no cost.
- Short-term Professional Counselling provides support for personal and emotional issues. Choose from a variety of delivery methods to best suit your comfort level and lifestyle including In-Person, Telephonic, E-Counselling, First Chat (instant online chat with a counsellor), Video, Text-based self-paced.
- Family Support Services connects you with a Family Support Specialist for personalized assistance with family planning, parenting, childcare, eldercare, home care support and more.
- Legal Support Services provide consultation with professional lawyers to answer legal questions surrounding divorce, custody, adoption, real estate, debt, bankruptcy, landlord/tenant issues, and more.
- Financial Support Services provide consultation with financial professionals to answer financial questions about budgeting, debt management, tax issues, and more.
- Naturopathic Services provide consultation with Naturopathic Doctors on choices related to physiology, diet, lifestyle, and well-being, including illness prevention strategies.
- Nutritional Services offer consultation with Registered Dieticians on any nutritional matter or concern.
- Health Coaching by Registered Nurses can provide information and advice, coordination and support; and coaching on any health risk or concern.
- Specialized Counselling and Online Programs to assist with career challenges, managing stress, tobacco cessation, enhancing your relationships, separation and divorce, and financial planning.