Axia Health has launched a Sault Ste. Marie office in partnership with Sault Area Hospital to provide services locally to injured workers within the city of Sault Ste. Marie and the surrounding communities of Algoma. Services now available locally include:
- Specialist assessment including Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand Surgery, Pain Medicine, General Surgery, Family/Emergency Medicine
- Treatment services including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic care, kinesiology, functional abilities evaluations, hand therapy, mental health counseling and surgical care when indicated
- Diagnostic and advanced imaging services as in MRI, CT, ultrasound and EMG testing
- WSIB Occupational Health Assessment Program (OHAP) intended to provide expedited access to local expert assessment and care for those workers having suffered minor traumatic brain injuries (concussion), minor back and neck injuries and minor upper and lower extremity injuries.
- WSIB Upper Extremity Specialty Program intended to provide expedited access to local specialist assessment and care for those workers having experienced an injury to the upper extremity resulting in a delay in recovery and return to work.
- WSIB Lower Extremity Specialty Program intended to provide expedited access to local specialist assessment and care for those workers having experienced an injury to the lower extremity resulting in a delay in recovery and return to work.
How do I access the Axia Health Clinic?
Patients who may be considered most appropriate for referral include:
- High degree of injury complexity
- Concern for chronic disability
- Delay in access to care (specialist evaluation and/or advanced diagnostics)
- Delay in expected recovery (recovery is unexpectedly slower than clinical impression)
- Delay in return to full work duties (prolonged period of modified work, unable to graduate to full duties where appropriate,…)
- Suspected development of chronic pain (CRPS, neuropathic pain,…)
- Suspected exacerbation/development of anxiety/depression/adjustment disorder/addiction
Patients or providers are welcome to contact Axia Health for more information at:
Tel: (705) 256-4710
Fax: (705) 759-3874