Patient and Family Engagement
Sault Area Hospital is committed to partnering with patients, families, and caregivers to ensure that the care we are providing meets the needs of our community.
To accomplish this, SAH provides numerous opportunities for authentic engagement and co-design to members of the community who volunteer as a Patient and Family Advisor.
Patient and Family Advisors contribute to fostering patient and family-centred. Advisors work in collaboration with the SAH team to share their unique experiences, tell their stories and use their informed perspectives to help shape decisions and influence change, ultimately improving the overall patient and family experience.
Join the Team
A patient and family advisor is someone who:
- Has had a recent experience (generally within 2 years) of being a patient or the family member of a patient at Sault Area Hospital.
- Has the desire to represent the voice of future patients and family members to have improved experiences obtaining health services.
- Brings forward ideas on how to improve health care from “quick wins” to partnering on major hospital projects.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions that will enhance patient and public involvement in health service planning and decision-making so that the patient community has a voice in the delivery of health care services.
- Participates as a regular and active member of the committee and/or working group to which they have been invited.
- Provides input into patient care and organizational processes, and advocate for patient and family needs from a broad perspective.
- Shows commitment to improving care for all patients and family members at Sault Area Hospital by ensuring that the patient is the focal point of all discussions.
- Promotes improved collaboration and relationships between patients, families and staff.