SAH Volunteer Application Process
- Complete and submit the SAH Volunteer Application
- Attend a scheduled interview
- Provide three (3) personal references
Upon completion of a successful interview, all volunteers are required to provide the following:
- Health Surveillance Form including a 2-Step TB skin test and immunization assessment
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Attend the Volunteer Orientation Session
- Attend the Volunteer Safety and Introduction Session
- Train on a minimum of two (2) Wayfinding Shifts
- Prospects will then be reviewed for placement
Additional training sessions may be required depending on placement
Interested in applying but, don’t want to complete an online application?
Pick up an application at the Volunteer Resources Department – located on the 1st floor, E-Wing of SAH.
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Spiritual Services Applicants
Become a Spiritual Care Volunteer
The Spiritual Care Volunteer is a qualified volunteer trained to identify and visit patients who wish to be visited by a representative from their faith community. Those granted special visiting privileges must visit in accordance with the guidelines and policies of Sault Area Hospital and the Volunteer Resources Department.
Orientation sessions are presented on a regular basis. These sessions prepare the applicant for volunteering at Sault Area Hospital. To complete your application to become a Spiritual Services Volunteer at Sault Area Hospital click below: