Sault Area Hospital Board of Directors is Seeking New Directors
The Board of Directors is the governing body of Sault Area Hospital. As a skills-based board, we are currently seeking directors to fill upcoming vacancies. Directors are an important part of shaping the future of Sault Area Hospital and its role in working with its partners to achieve an integrated health care system in Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma. With an aim to represent the diverse population of Algoma, applications are encouraged from Indigenous and Francophone candidates.
We are looking for energetic, skilled individuals to become part of a strong team.
- Meet at least 10 times per year
- Sit on one or more committees of the Board
- Attend various health related events during the year
- Willingness to progress into Board Leadership roles
We are looking for individuals who have significant experience and can provide insight and guidance to the organization. Some of the key characteristics, traits being sought include:
- Governance Experience
- Research, Innovation, & Transformation
- Knowledge of Health Care System, Clinical and Program Management
- Knowledge – Legal System
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Quality Patient Care
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Integration, Mergers, Partnerships, Acquisitions & Project Management
- Labour/Human Relations
The SAH Board of Directors is also Seeking Community Members to sit on committees of the Board
Community members are an integral voice on the committees of the Board. One committee member sits on each of the Board committees:
- Quality and Service Committee
- Finance, Audit and Risk Management Committee
- People and Culture Committee
- Education Committee
Community Members are our future Board of Directors.