Make a Difference.
Join the Sault Area Hospital Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of Sault Area Hospital is seeking individuals to serve on its skills-based board.
Directors are essential to shaping the future of Sault Area Hospital and its role in working with partners to achieve an integrated healthcare system in Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma. With an aim to represent the diverse population of Algoma, applications are particularly encouraged from Indigenous and Francophone candidates.
The Board of Directors is seeking proven leaders with governance experience and skills in any of the following areas: research, innovation, transformation, health care system, clinical and program management, legal system, stakeholder engagement, quality patient care, enterprise risk management, integration, mergers, partnerships, project management, labour relations, human resources.
Board Member Commitment
- A commitment to regularly attend board meetings and related meetings
- Actively participate on the board and subcommittees of the board
- Prepare for board meetings and be informed about matters concerning the board
- A willingness to progress into Board Leadership roles
- Participate in SAH sponsored events as well as health-related events on behalf of the organization
Community Member Opportunity
The Board of Directors is seeking community members to serve on the following sub-committees of the Board:
- Quality Committee
- Finance, Audit and Risk Management Committee
- People, Partnerships and Culture Committee
Community members valuably contribute their skills and become knowledgeable about hospital governance to become future Board Directors.