The Sault Area Hospital Foot Clinic is an outpatient service located in the Outpatient Rehabilitation Department (Room E2028).
Foot Clinic services are available to patients with diagnoses such as:
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Chronic Wounds (Ulcers, Amputations)
- Compromised Immune Systems (Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, CREST Syndrome)
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Osteoarthritis (Traumatized joints, Joint deformities, Nerve impingements)
The Foot Clinic is staffed by a Registered Occupational Therapist and services provided include:
- Advanced Foot Care
- Wound Care
- Off-Loading Devices
- Custom Insoles/Orthotics
- Ambulatory/Non-Ambulatory AFO’s
- Deflective Padding
- Remedial Footwear Modifications
Physicians with privileges can refer their patients to the Foot Clinic by faxing a prescription to 705-759-3692 or by forwarding the referral to the Outpatient Rehabilitation Office at 705-759-3634.
The prescription should include:
- Patient’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Type of Service required
Although there are no fees charged for wound care or assessments (treatment plan) there is a fee structure in place for nail care, footwear and orthotics.