POSITION: Physician Assistant
UNIT: Emergency Department
RATE: $48.46-$59.60 ($94,497-$116,220 annually)
SHIFT: Flexible Scheduling
Join our team at Sault Area Hospital and make a difference in the lives of patients and their families. As a leading healthcare organization, we are committed to providing outstanding care and fostering a supportive work environment. You will have the opportunity to experience Sault Ste. Marie’s natural surroundings and the many benefits of living in a vibrant and welcoming community. Your path to a rewarding career as a Physician Assistant starts in Sault Area Hospital’s Emergency department.
Our hospital is a 293 bed acute care facility with approximately 60,000 emergency visits per year. We provide primary, secondary, and tertiary hospital services for the residents of our community and surrounding area. With a state-of-the-art facility built in 2011, we have a bright and exciting future guided by our organizational vision, mission and iCcare values of Integrity, Compassion, Collaboration and Partnership, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
The Emergency Department at the Sault Area Hospital is seeking a highly skilled and motivated full-time Physician Assistant (PA) to join our dynamic Emergency Department team. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in providing high-quality, efficient, and compassionate care to patients in the fast-paced and challenging environment of the emergency department.
Reporting to the Medical Director the PA will practice in accordance with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario’s policy on delegation and under medical directives.
The successful candidate will work to collect relevant historical and examination findings, arrange for appropriate diagnostic testing and perform procedures for the purpose of establishing a diagnosis and treatment plan. They will care for the diverse patient population one would expect to see in a high volume community emergency department.
- Collaborate closely with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals to assess, diagnose, and treat a diverse range of medical conditions and injuries.
- Preform comprehensive patient assessments, including physical exams, and ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Assist in minor procedures, wound care, and suturing, ensuring optimal patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Administer medications and therapies as prescribed, adhering to established protocols and guidelines.
- Prioritize patients based on the severity of their condition, ensuring timely care delivery.
- Educate patients and their families on treatment plans, medications and follow-up care instructions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic medical records, documenting all patient encounters, assessments, interventions and outcomes.
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement initiatives by participating in departmental meetings, case reviews, grand rounds, and professional development activities.
- Successful 2023 graduate of the McMaster or Consortium Physician Assistant Program
- Certified by the Physician Assistant Certification Council of Canada
- Current BCLS is required. ACLS and PALS are an asset.
- Demonstrated experience or a strong interest in emergency medicine, with the ability to remain composed and effective under pressure.
- Exceptional clinical and diagnostic skills, with a commitment to evidence-based practice.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork abilities.
- Proficiency in using the Meditech Expanse EHR is an asset.
SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Computer knowledge and skills using windows environment, Microsoft office applications, hospital applications.
- Ability to organize and manage an office setting and work with all.
- Ability to critically think while multitasking in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member; establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with members of the interdisciplinary team, and exercise judgment by participating in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care according to college standards.
- Behavior consistent with the hospital’s Standards of Performance and ICCARE values.
To Apply: please visit Health Force Ontario website at www.hfojobs.ca or for any questions call Rosanna Naslovar at 705-759-3434 ext. 2475
POSTED: September 21, 2023-September 28, 2023
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
This position offers a competitive compensation package including paid vacation and sick leave, health and dental benefits, life insurance and pension plan.