Advisors at Sault Area Hospital can expect to:
- Contribute ideas and suggestions that will enhance patient and public involvement in health service planning and decision-making so that the patient community has a voice in the delivery of health care services.
- Participate as a regular and active member of the committee and/or working group to which they have been invited.
- Provide input into patient care and organizational processes, and advocate for patient and family needs from a broad perspective.
- Show commitment to improving care for all patients and family members at Sault Area Hospital by ensuring that the patient is the focal point of all discussions.
- Participate in the development of new programs, services, policies and facilities.
- Review recommendations referred to the council.
- Promote improved collaboration and relationships between patients, families and staff.