Registered Nurse – Women & Children’s Health Program- Neonatal Intensive Care/Pediatric – Temporary Part Time (2) Amended
- Participates and collaborates with other health care providers in provision of patient care.
- Effectively uses the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the patient.
- Provides health teaching to patients and family.
- Provides assistance in planning corrective actions to ensure safety for patients and staff. Is compliant with legislation, organizational and departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety.
- Certificate of competency in Ontario.
- IV Therapy
- Demonstrated clinical competency in the management and care of patients in a NICU environment
- Demonstrated competencies related to IV Therapy
- Knowledgeable in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care.
- Willingness to cross-train to all 4 areas of the Maternal/Child Program.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
- Demonstrated Behavior consistent with Hospital Mission, Vision, Values and Standards of Performance.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for the test/ interview will be contacted.
Nurses will be selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in the resume which they have attached to the posting application form. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal interview and/or testing where required.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.