Registered Nurse – In-Patient Surgical – 3A – Temporary Part Time
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the College of Nurses, organizational and unit standards.
- Participate and collaborate with other health care providers in provision of patient care.
- Responsible for making clinical decisions, exercising judgment to ensure best possible nursing care is provided within available resources.
- Provide health teaching to patients and family.
- Is cognizant of and participates in the development of the Nursing and Unit objectives.
- Is compliant with legislation, organizational/departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety
- Certificate of competency in Ontario.
- 2 years minimum current surgical experience.
- Knowledgeable in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care.
- Demonstrated competencies related to IV Therapy inclusive of central lines
- Computer literate in a Microsoft environment
- Ability to use Meditech applications
- Demonstrated clinical competency in the care and management of pre- and post-operative patients, including effective assessment skills and knowledge of surgical procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, and in the use of the hospital’s computer systems.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact. Courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
- Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s mission statement and iCcare Way
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for the test/ interview will be contacted.
Nurses will be selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in the resume which they have attached to the posting application form. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal interview and/or testing where required.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.