Food Service Worker – Food Services – Full Time
- Interact with patients to take meal selection via iPad
- Assemble and deliver meal trays for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Collect soiled trays and ware for washing
- Perform designated functions in the dish room including ware washing
- Cleaning and restocking of pantries
- Food preparation and/or portioning of food items
- Monitor and record temperatures of equipment and food items
- Secondary School Diploma
- Current Food Handlers Certificate
Skills & Ability:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills including a polite, tactful manner.
- Ability to follow Steamplicity scripting when communicating with patients
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced, busy environment in stressful situations, time management is essential
- Computer skills including proficiency in a Microsoft environment and ability to operate Bedside Connect and iPad
- Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to departmental and legislated health and safety standards.
- Meet physical demands of the job, including extended standing, walking, frequent lifting, repetitive movement, pushing and carrying of supplies and carts, and climbing using proper technique.
- Ability to work in a cold environment of 10C or in a hot environment in the dish room
- Demonstrated behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for the test/ interview will be contacted.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.