Cleaner – Housekeeping – Temporary Full Time
- Wash walls, ceilings, lights, vents and all surfaces in all areas of the hospital, using a ladder as required.
- Perform vacuuming and cleaning of carpets and upholstered furniture.
- Perform all floor maintenance procedures, including: mopping, stripping, refinishing and buffing using scrubbers, polishers and autos scrubbers, wet vacuum cleaners and chemicals.
- Perform terminal cleaning of operating rooms, delivery rooms and strict isolation rooms.
- Perform routine and discharge cleaning of patient areas, including stripping and making the bed or stretcher.
- Perform cleanup of spills and floods, and collect waste for disposal. May be required to assist the Sanitary Collector.
- Use and maintain housekeeping supplies and equipment safely and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Must be available for all shifts and call-ins.
- This position includes extended standing, walking, lifting, and climbing using proper technique.
- Secondary school diploma
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
- Demonstrated behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Vision, Values and Standards of Performance.
- Available to work all shifts 7 days a week.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for the test/ interview will be contacted.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.