Sault Area Hospital Board of Directors is Seeking New Directors and Community Members.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of Sault Area Hospital. As a skills-based Board, we are currently seeking directors to fill upcoming vacancies. Directors are an important part of shaping the future of Sault Area Hospital and its role in working with its partners to achieve an integrated health care system in Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma.
We are looking for energetic, skilled individuals to become part of a strong team.
- Meet at least 10 times per year
- Sit on one or more Committees of the Board
- Attend various health related events during the year
- Willingness to progress into Board leadership roles
We are looking for individuals who have significant experience and can provide insight and guidance to the organization. Some of the key characteristics and traits being sought include:
- Ability to provide insight and counsel to the strategic direction
- Strong business acumen, organizational development and use of technology to enable organizations;
- Experience and understanding of key themes such as quality improvement, risk management;
- Proven business leadership;
- Self-starter with the ability to absorb information and synthesize into constructive feedback;
- Community leadership/presence;
- Political acumen/influence.
Sault Area Hospital Board of Directors is Also Seeking New Community Members to sit on Committees of the Board.
Community Members are an integral voice on the committees of the Board. One Community Member sits on each of the Board Committees:
- Quality and Service Committee
- Resources Committee (includes the areas of finances, human resources and property)